Key lime pie is an American dessert made of a buttery biscuit crust filled with creamy lime goodness. This dessert is delicious, light and easy to make. The main ingredients include fresh green limes, egg yolks and condensed milk. The smooth and silky custard like filling is delicious and everything about this recipe screams ‘fresh’ with all the lime juice in it. Enjoy the recipe!!
Key Lime Pie
Light and creamy Key Lime Pie
- For the Base Biscuits: 1 cup (100gm)
- For Filling Egg yolks: 3
Butter (melted): 40 gm
Sugar: 1 tbsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Condensed milk: 200 ml
Lime juice: 1/4 cup
Lime zest: 1/2 tbsp
- Step 1 To make the base crush biscuits into fine powder. ( I used plain digestive biscuits)
- Step 2 Mix the crushed biscuits, melted butter, sugar and salt together until well combined.
- Step 3 Press the biscuit crumbs evenly and firmly along the base and up the sides of the Pie tin.
- Step 4 Bake the biscuit base at 170 degree celsius for 10 minutes and keep aside. Let the base cool down before adding in the filling.
- Step 5 To make the filling, beat 3 egg yolks until they turn fluffy and pale yellow in colour.
- Step 6 Add in the condensed milk and mix well.
- Step 7 Next, add in the lime juice and lime zest and mix until everything is well combined.
- Step 8 Pour the filling into the biscuit base and Bake at 170 degree celsius for 12 minutes.
- Step 9 Once the Pie cools down to room temperature, let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Step 10 You can garnish the pie with some fresh lime zest or whipped cream before serving.
- Step 11 Enjoy !!