Red Velvet is a soft and moist cake with a hint of chocolate flavour. This goes best with cream cheese frosting and is one of the classic cakes.
Red Velvet cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
June 22, 2020
: 30 min
: 35 min
: 1 hr
Moist and delicious Red Velvet cake
- For Cake Flour: 250 gm
- For Frosting Cream cheese: 100 gm
Salt: 1 tsp
Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder: 3 tbsp
Vegetable oil: 1/2 cup
Butter: 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence: 2 tsp
Buttermilk: 1 cup
Red food coloring: 3-4 drops
Vinegar: 1 tsp
Whipping cream: 120ml
Icing Sugar: 80 gm
Vanilla essence: 1/2 tsp
- Step 1 Beat the sugar, oil and butter together.
- Step 2 Add in the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Step 3 Next, add in the vanilla essence and red food colouring and mix.
- Step 4 Sift the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Step 5 Add 1/3rd of the dry ingredients and 1/3rd of the buttermilk alternatively and mix well until everything is well combined.
- Step 6 Finally, add the vinegar and mix.
- Step 7 Pour the batter into the cake pan and Bake at 170 degree celsius for 35 minutes.
- Step 8 For the frosting beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form
- Step 9 Mix the room temperature cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla essence in another bowl.
- Step 10 Next, mix the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream and combine well. Cream cheese frosting is now ready
- Step 11 Top the cake with some cream cheese frosting and enjoy!!