Calzone is an Italian dish. It is more like, closed pizza pockets with all the pizza toppings put in as fillings and sealed up tightly. I would say its a juicier version of the normal pizza. I have used the same dough used in my pizza recipe
Calzone.. juicy pizza pockets..
- For the filling Onion: 1
Mushrooms: 200 gm
Baby Spinach: 100 gm
Oregano: 1/2 tsp
Thyme: 1/2 tsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Pepper: 1/2 tsp
Olives: a few
Mozzarella cheese (shredded): 1/2 cup
Cheddar cheese (shredded): 1/2 cup
- Step 1 Saute the onions, mushrooms and capsicum lightly.
- Step 2 Season with some salt, pepper, thyme and oregano.
- Step 3 Next, add in the baby spinach and saute for another 1 minute and then remove from the stove.
- Step 4 In the same pan saute the sausages if using until they turn lightly golden brown.
- Step 5 Divide and roll out the pizza dough into medium sized circles (7-8 inch in diameter).
- Step 6 Put the toppings to one half of the circle about 1 inch away from the edges. (Ketchup, onions, mushroom, capsicum, olives, sausages, cheese etc.)
- Step 7 Fold the empty half of the circle over the fillings and seal the edges.
- Step 8 Bake the calzone at 200 degree celsius for 25 minutes.
- Step 9 Enjoy the calzones hot out of the oven !!