This chocolate hazelnut flavoured cupcake is every Nutella lovers dream. You get the rich hazelnut flavour in every bite of this moist cupcake. Try this recipe once and I’m sure you’ll fall in love with it right away! Top the cupcakes with some Nutella and crushed hazelnuts to get that extra crunch and flavour.
Hazelnut flavored chocolate cupcakes
Roasted, skinned hazelnuts: 50 gm
Flour: 100 gm
Cocoa powder: 25 gm
Coffee Powder: 1/4 tsp
Sugar: 125 gm
Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt: a pinch
Butter: 100 gm
Milk: 3 tbsp
Nutella: 1/2 tbsp
- Step 1 Roast the hazelnuts at 170 degree celsius for 6 minutes.
- Step 2 Once the hazelnuts cool down, Pulse them in a food processor until they become a fine powder and keep aside. (It may become hazelnut butter if you pulse it for long or the hazelnuts have not cooled down, it is totally fine to add this paste to your cake batter)
- Step 3 In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar until they are smooth and creamy.
- Step 4 Add in the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Step 5 Next, add in the vanilla essence, milk and Nutella and combine well.
- Step 6 Sift in the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder & salt and mix well.
- Step 7 Distribute equal amounts of the batter into a lined cupcake tin.
- Step 8 Bake at 170 degree celsius for 20 minutes.
- Step 9 Once out of the oven let the cupcakes cool down and then top them with some Nutella and crushed hazelnuts.