This homemade pizza is super yummy and you will never want to order in again. It is an easy recipe and you can add all the toppings of your choice. You can go simple with just a plain cheese pizza or load it with chicken, mushrooms, baby corn etc.
May 25, 2020
: 4 hr
: 25 min
- For Base Flour: 312 gm
- For Toppings Onion: 1
Yeast: 1/2 tsp
Warm milk: 190 ml
Sugar: 2 tbsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Oil: 1/4 cup
Capsicum (red & green): 1 each
Tomato sauce: 1/2 cup
Mozerella cheese (grated): 1 cup
Oregano: 1 tsp
Olives (green & black): 1/2 cup
Chicken sausage: 1/2 cup
- Step 1 In a large bowl, mix the warm milk, sugar & yeast and let it sit for 4 minutes or until the yeast blooms.
- Step 2 Next add in the oil, flour and salt and mix well.
- Step 3 Knead the dough for a minute and place it in a bowl greased with oil.
- Step 4 Let the dough rest for at least 4 hours.
- Step 5 For the toppings chop the onion, capsicum, sausages (tomatoes, mushrooms: if using) into small cubes or ring shapes according to your choice and keep ready.
- Step 6 After 4 hours, knead the dough for a minute, divide it into two (for 2 ten-inch pizza bases) and roll it out to the size of your pan ( I used a cast iron pan so that the base cooks up fast and evenly).
- Step 7 Shape the outer rim of the pizza base to get the classic pizza edges/ crust.
- Step 8 Start adding the toppings. First, add a layer of tomato sauce followed by a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Step 9 Sprinkle some dry oregano and then fill in with the rest of the toppings ( olives, capsicum, onions & sausages).
- Step 10 Drizzle the top with some more tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese and your pizza is ready to go into the oven.
- Step 11 Bake the pizza for 25 mins at 200 degrees celsius.
- Step 12 et voilà… lip-smacking homemade pizza !!!