A soft and moist Banana cake, you can make any time of the year. This fluffy cake is easy to make and tastes super delicious. You can add in some walnuts or almonds to add in a nutty flavour. But a plain moist Banana cake tastes best! Be sure to have ripe bananas for this recipe and have all other ingredients like butter, eggs, buttermilk at room temperature.
Moist and fluffy Banana cake
Ripe Banana: 1
Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
Butter: 75 gm
Sugar: 140 gm
Vanilla essence: 1/2 tsp
Buttermilk: 3/4 cup
Flour: 190 gm
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
Salt: a pinch
- Step 1 Mash the banana with 1 tbsp lemon juice and keep aside.
- Step 2 In a bowl beat the sugar and butter till creamy.
- Step 3 Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Step 4 Sift the flour, baking soda & salt and add into the butter and egg mixture.
- Step 5 Next, add in the buttermilk and mix just until everything is well combined (Do not over-mix the batter)
- Step 6 Pour into a cake pan and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 50 minutes. The cake is done if a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Step 7 Let the cake cool on a wire rack before cutting in.