Fruit trifle is a dessert layered with fruits, cream and cake. This is absolutely delicious and you can add in all the fruits you like. But it would be better to leave out the citrus fruits as they can turn bitter after some time. I have used a basic vanilla sponge cake in this recipe. I have layered the outsides of my bowl with kiwi for decoration and turned it upside-down, you can use strawberries, dragon fruit and make any design you like.
May 24, 2020
: 2 hr
: 15 min
: 2 hr
Yummy Fruit trifle
Vanilla cake: slices
Creme Patissiere: 2 cup
Whipped cream: 2 cup
- Step 1 Chop the fruits into cube sized pieces and keep ready.
- Step 2 Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. (Use chilled bowls and whisks to whip the cream for better results)
- Step 3 Mix the creme patisserie and whipped cream in a bowl and keep ready.
- Step 4 In the trifle bowl, start by layering cake slices in the base.
- Step 5 Optional: You can place slices of fruits on the walls of the bowl so that you get a nice pattern at the end
- Step 6 Next, add a layer of the cream mix followed by a layer of the fruits.
- Step 7 Repeat the cake-cream-fruits layering till you reach the top of the trifle bowl and finish it with a layer of cream.
- Step 8 You can garnish the top with some chopped nuts or fresh strawberries.
- Step 9 Chill the fruit trifle in a refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving.