These are one of the and softest and best homemade cinnamon rolls ever. They taste divine and the smell when they come out of the oven is irresistible. This is a must-try recipe and taste the best when they come hot out of the oven. The dough is a bit wet & sticky to work with and that is how we need it, do not add extra flour. You can even make a glaze to top the cinnamon rolls but its completely fine if you want to have plain cinnamon rolls. I have made a simple sugar glaze here but you can add in 2 tablespoons of cream cheese to get a cream cheese glaze.
May 24, 2020
: 30 min
: 20 min
: 1 hr
Soft and tasty Cinnamon rolls
- For Dough Flour: 360 gm
- For Filling Butter (softened): 1/4 cup
- For Glaze Sugar (powdered): 40 gm
Sugar: 50 gm
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Butter: 50 gm
Warm Milk: 180 ml
Cinnamon powder: 1 tbsp
Brown sugar (powdered): 2 tbsp
Milk: 2 tbsp
Vanilla essence: 1/2 tsp
- Step 1 In a cup mix the warm milk with 1 tbsp sugar. Add in the yeast and let it sit for 2 minutes or until you see the yeast bloom.
- Step 2 In a bowl, add the dry ingredients: flour, sugar and salt.
- Step 3 Next add in the wet ingredients: egg, melted butter & the milk-yeast mix. Mix well. The dough will be sticky but do not add in extra flour.
- Step 4 Let the dough rest for 1 – 1.5 hours till it doubles in size.
- Step 5 Once the dough has risen, lightly flour your work surface and roll out the dough into a rectangle.
- Step 6 Carefully apply the softened butter onto the dough.
- Step 7 Evenly sprinkle the powdered cinnamon and brown sugar over the buttered dough.
- Step 8 Roll the dough nice and tight.
- Step 9 Cut the rolled log of dough into 1.5-inch pieces and place it on the baking tray with each piece 1 inch apart from the other.
- Step 10 Let this rest for another 30 minutes at room temperature. The cinnamon rolls will rise and increase in size.
- Step 11 Bake this at 180 degree celsius for 20 minutes.
- Step 12 While the rolls bake make the glaze to top them. Add the milk to the sugar 1 tbsp at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Flavour the glaze with vanilla essence.
- Step 13 Once the rolls are out of the oven, top them with some glaze and soft and fluffy cinnamon rolls ready to devour.