Quiche is a French savoury dish. It consists of a pastry tart filled in with cheese, vegetables or meat, seafood and drowned in a savoury custard. I have used chicken, mushroom and carrots for this recipe. You can add in any other vegetable or meat to your quiche. This recipe takes time, but the end results are awesome!!
Chicken and Mushroom Quiche
Deliciously yummy Quiche
- For Quiche Tart Flour: 280 gm
- For Filling Chicken: 500 gm (cubed pieces)
- For Savoury Custard Fresh cream: 240ml
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Sugar: 1/2 tsp
Cold Butter: 170 gm
Cold water: 3-4 tbsp
Mushroom: 200 gm
Garlic: 5 cloves
Green chilli: 2
Fresh Basil: 4 leaves
Dry Oregano: 1tsp
Mozzarella cheese: 1/4 cup (grated)
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Pepper: 1/4 tsp
Thyme: 1/2 tsp
- Step 1 To make the tart in a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar and salt.
- Step 2 Next add the cold butter ( diced into small cubes) into the food processor and pulse for a few seconds until the flour and butter forms a crumbly sand like texture.
- Step 3 Add in the cold water 1 tablespoon at a time till the dough comes together.
- Step 4 Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and leave it to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Step 5 Once chilled, roll the dough on a floured surface and carefully place it in the tart tin and trim the edges.
- Step 6 Chill the tart for another 30 mins. and then bake it with some pie weights* for 10 mins at 180 degree celsius.
- Step 7 Remove the pie weights and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Step 8 The tart shell is now ready.
- Step 9 For the filling in a large saucepan, saute the onion, garlic and green chilli for 2 minutes.
- Step 10 Then add in the carrots (cubed), mushrooms ( cleaned and sliced) and diced chicken pieces.
- Step 11 Season with some salt, pepper, basil & oregano. Cover and cook this for 15 minutes, until it becomes dry.
- Step 12 Optional: you can add in a 1 tablespoon of ketchup to the filling for a pinch of sweetness.
- Step 13 The filling is now ready!
- Step 14 In a jug (to easily pour) mix all the ingredients under “for Savoury custard” and keep ready.
- Step 15 It is now time to assemble the quiche. In the tart shell add the required amount of filling (just to cover the entire surface area). Add some grated mozzarella cheese. Next pour in the savoury custard mix until it fills 3/4th of the tart crust.
- Step 16 Bake the quiche at 180 degrees celsius for 30 minutes.
- Step 17 Garnish the top with some chopped parsley and your Quiche is ready !!!
- Step 18 *place an aluminium foil in the tart and fill it with some raw pulses (pie weights) to weigh down the tart, so that it doesn’t puff up while baking