This classic Pineapple Upside-down cake is soft and delicious. It is baked with the toppings at the bottom of the pan so that once the cake is baked you can just invert it and serve… no need of any additional frostings or toppings. I have used fresh Pineapples for this recipe but you can use canned ones if you don’t find any fresh pineapple.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Delicious Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- For Topping Butter: 50 gm
- For Cake Butter: 110 gm
Brown sugar: 50 gm (powdered)
Pineapple slices: 7-8 pieces
Brown sugar: 130 gm
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
Pineapple essence: 1 tsp
Milk: 110 ml
Flour: 180 gm
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Salt: a pinch
Pineapple pieces: 1/2 cup(chopped small)
- Step 1 For the topping ,in a milk pan, heat the butter and brown sugar till they melt together and form a caramel-like consistency. Pour this into the baking pan.
- Step 2 Place the pineapple slices and cherries on top the sauce at the base of the baking pan in the design you prefer and keep it aside.
- Step 3 For the cake batter, start by mixing the butter and sugar until they become smooth and creamy.
- Step 4 Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Step 5 Next, add in the milk, vanilla & pineapple essence and mix well
- Step 6 Now add in the sifted dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well until they are just combined (Do not over-mix your batter once the dry ingredients are added)
- Step 7 Mix in the small chopped pineapple pieces to get a bite in every piece (optional)
- Step 8 Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and Bake at 180 degree celsius for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Step 9 Let the cake cool down to room temperature and then turn the cake upside down onto a dish to reveal the top.