These tart shells can be used for any kind of sweet fillings and taste delicious.
May 23, 2020
: 2 hr
: 20 min
: 2 hr 20 min
Tart for sweet dishes
Cold Butter: 115gm
- Step 1 In a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar and salt.
- Step 2 Next add the cold butter ( diced into small cubes) into the food processor and pulse for a few seconds until the flour and butter forms a crumbly sand like texture.
- Step 3 Beat 1 egg and add it into the food processor. Pulse the mixture for a few more seconds. The mix should be crumbly and not form a big ball.
- Step 4 Put the dough onto a floured surface and bring the crumbs together using your hands to form a small disc like shape. Do not knead the dough. (you can make the dough into 2 small discs if your tart pan is small)
- Step 5 Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and leave it to chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Step 6 After 1 hour, let the dough sit at room temperature for 5 mins and then start rolling it on a floured surface.
- Step 7 Place it gently into the tart pan and trim the edges.
- Step 8 Cover the pan with the dough using a plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Step 9 Before baking, place an aluminium foil in the tart and fill it with some raw pulses (pie weights) to weigh down the tart, so that it doesn’t puff up while baking.
- Step 10 Bake it at 180 degree celsius for 10mins
- Step 11 Remove the pie weights and bake the tart for another 10mins.
- Step 12 Tart shells are now ready! You can put in any mousse, custard or sweet fillings of your choice.